Monday, November 8, 2010

Jason Campbell Has Tom Cable Leaning to 'Hot Hand' at Starting Quarterback

Filed under: ,

After saying as recently as last week that Bruce Gradkowski remained the Raiders starting quarterback when healthy, coach Tom Cable expressed some reluctance Monday at the thought of taking Jason Campbell out of the starting lineup.

Cable told reporters on Monday that he's now inclined to stick with the "hot hand" rather than make a change at quarterback when the Raiders return from their bye week to play at Pittsburgh on Nov. 21.

"I really haven't wavered, but I do have a belief in me about when you're dealing it and you've got the hot hand and things are going in the right direction for your football team, why would you make a change?" Cable said. "That's what I think right now, but in the back of my mind I also say, it's not really making a change. He was starter before I made the change with Bruce and he's kind of come back and done a lot of good things for our team."

"What's the negative of this? Well, I've got a problem, I've got two good quarterbacks healthy again. That's the only negative I see about it. I'm probably leaning toward staying with the hot hand."

Campbell began the season as the starter before being demoted six quarters into the season for ineffective play in favor of Gradkowski.

Campbell rebounded from a poor initial start in place of the injured Gradkowski to lead Oakland to their first three-game winning streak since 2002. The latest Campbell-led victory was Sunday's 23-20 overtime win over Kansas City, a come-from-behind thriller that has put the Raiders back into the AFC West race, a half game behind the front-running Chiefs.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Tiger woods David Beckham LA Lakers Roger Federer New Jersey Devils

No comments:

Post a Comment